The Department of Civil Engineering at Dream Institute of Technology started in the year 2014 with an intake of 60 students.
The undergraduate civil engineering programme offered by DIT is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University (MAKAUT),
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to develop futuristic engineers who can lead with innovation and
The Department has state-of-the-art laboratories in all the major disciplines like Material Testing, Geo-Technical,
Concrete Technology, CAD laboratories, Transportation, and Surveying to equip industry ready civil engineers.
The civil engineering department faculty has been activated in conducting laboratory experiments and attending courses
regularly to facilitate the continuing education. The resources at the department, both literary resources as well as
equipment in laboratories facilitate the teaching-learning process and help students
imbibe the theoretical concepts, their real-time implications and their applications.
Apart from conducting academic programs, additional skill-based courses, seminars, and workshops are conducted for the students
to enrich them with the latest technological and industry best practices. Dream Institute of Technology emphasises on
faculty development so that the culture of learning is transmitted to the students.
The Department of Civil Engineering is aiming to transform itself into a center of excellence both in academic and research domains.
To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation.
- To produce civil engineers of high technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- To develop innovative and simple instructional materials for the benefit of students.
- To benefit humanity, nation and society through research, creativity, problem solving and application development.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.