ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE IN KOLKATA
The Department Is Equipped With Nine Laboratories
- Basic Electrical Laboratory
- Circuit Theory Laboratory
- Control System Laboratory
- Electrical Machine Laboratory
- Power Electronics & Drives Laboratory
- Power System Laboratory
All The Laboratories Are High Speed Internet Connected As Well As Connected With Online UPS. The Department Has Project And R&D Cell Which Work On Recent Trend In Technology.
- Soumi Guha, a 2014 pass-out student from this department ranked in the university topper list.
- Poulami Gangopadhyay, a 2016 pass-out student from this department become the university topper.
- One student project led by Subhashis Ghosh, a 2017 pass-out student of this department along with his project group participated in the Smart India Hackathon 2017 which bagged the second runner-up position and awarded INR 50,000.00 from Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- One student project leaded by Bratati Halder, a 2017 pass-out student of this department along with the other group members from this department, participated in the India Innovation Challenge Design Contest (IICDC), 2016 and become the winner to bag prize money of INR 150,000.00 and total funding of approximately INR 25,00000.00 for product and business development.
- Three of student projects led by our current students of this department named Arup Das, Arkajit Roy, and Saikat Sahoo, along with their group participated and selected among the top project ideas in the SmartFifty,2017 contest and won benefits of INR 150,000.00
Power Electronics & Drive
Top companies across all industries have recruited our students based on their domain knowledge,
hands-on skills, attitude, research orientation, innovative attitude and leadership ability.