-Learning of different manufacturing processes of components being used for different purposes.
-Learning of different casting, joining and forging processes.
-Learning mass production technology for manufacturing of moulded, press work, sheet metal
-Learning different types of welding technology.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Sand preparation and testing: specimen preparation for testing permeability, clay content, grain fineness number, moisture content, greencompression strength, green shear strength, splitting strength, hardness, etc.;
- Casting of metals after preparation of suitable moulds.
- Experiments on properties of post casting, fettling, cleaning, deburring, and polishing operations.
- Practicing smithy or forging of carbon steels and testing for its property changes.
- Laboratory experiments in fabrication processes to observe effects of varying process parameters in GMAW and SMAW and testing for joint defects.