The objective of Power system laboratory is to identify and understand the different elements related to power system such as different insulators, different cables, different relays, etc along with the different experimentation that are highly required in terms of industry need. Also to present problem oriented knowledge of power system analysis methods with addressing the underlying concepts & approaches behind analysis of power system network using software tools and to identify & formulate solutions to problems relevant to power system using software tools
Upon the completion of Power System practical course, the student will be able to:
1. Identify the different insulator and cables associated with power system engineering.
2. Perform the test for earth resistance, oil and solid breakdown strength as required in the industry.
3. Understand the operation of different relay.
4. Acquire the basic knowledge of power system analysis methods.
5. Effectively employ different techniques to analyze different power system network conditions and lead the exploration of new applications and techniques for their use.
Major facilities available in this lab:
1. Setup for testing of dielectric strength of oil.
2. Setup for testing breakdown strength of solid insulating material.
3. Relay testing Kit.
4. Earth Resistance testing kit.
5. Directional relay, IDMT-over current relay, over voltage relay, under voltage relay, instantaneous over current relay, distance relay
6. Setup for transmission line study.
7. Current Transformer, Potential Transformer.
8. Model of Air Circuit Breaker.
9. Model of different insulator (Pin type, Shackle type, Strain Type, Disc Type).
10. Cross section model of different cable (PVC, XLPE, etc)
11. Computer Setup for simulation. (MiPower, Matlab, PSPICE)-6nos.
Course covered in this Labratory :
1. Power System Lab-I (EE-592)
2. Power System Lab-II (EE-692)
Experiments performed in this Labratory :
1. Determination of the generalized constants A.B, C, D of long transmission line.
2. Simulation of DC distribution by network analyzer.
3. Measurement of earth resistance by earth tester.
4. Dielectric strength test of insulating oil.
5. Determination of breakdown strength of solid insulating material.
6. Different parameter calculation by power circle diagram
7. Study of different types of insulator.
8. Active and reactive power control of alternator.
9. Study and analysis of an electrical transmission line circuit with the help of PSPICE.
10. Dielectric constant, tan delta, resistivity test of transformer oil.
11. Study of the characteristics of on delay relay and off delay relay.
12. Test to find out polarity, ratio and magnetization characteristics of CT and PT.
13. Test to find out characteristics of
(a) under voltage relay
(b) earth fault relay.
14. Study on DC load flow
15. Study on AC load flow using Gauss-seidel method
16. Study on AC load flow using Newton Raphson method.
17. Study on Economic load dispatch.
18. Study of different transformer protection schemes by simulation.
19. Study of different generator protection schemes by simulation.
20. Study of different motor protection schemes by simulation.
21. Study of different characteristics of over current relay.
22. Study of different protection scheme for feeder.