The aim of this course is to make one competent in analyzing electrical circuits and performing basic electrical measurements to verify circuit concepts experimentally. In this course, students will be introduced to the concepts and definitions of charges, currents, voltages, power, and energy. Apply simplifying techniques to solve DC circuit problems using basic circuit theorems and structured methods like node voltage and mesh current analysis. The goal also includes derivation of the transient responses of RC and RL circuits, steady state response of circuits to sinusoidal excitation in time domain, application of phasors to circuit analysis, introduction to non-linear electronic devices.
Upon the completion of Circuit Theory practical course, the student will be able to:
1. Gain a good knowledge of MATLAB software
2. Understand the transient characteristics of RC, RL and RLC networks.
3. Understand the two-port network and compare the results with theoretical value..
4. Understand different filters.
5. Understand the need of Laplace transformation in electrical engineering
Major facility available in this laboratory:
1. Kit to observe Transient Response of RL and RC networks.
2. Kit to observe Transient Response of RLC networks.
3. Kit for determination of Z and Y parameter of two port network.
4. LP , HP, BP, BR Filters.
5. Computer Setup for simulation.-5nos. ( Matlab, PSPICE, PSIM).
Course covered in this Laboratory:
1. Circuit Theory Lab-I (EE-391)
Experiments performed in this Laboratory:
1. Transient response of R-L and R-C network: simulation with PSPICE /Hardware.
2. Transient response of R-L-C series and parallel circuit: Simulation with PSPICE/ Hardware.
3. Determination of Impedance (Z) and Admittance (Y) parameter of two port network: Simulation / Hardware.
4. Frequency response of LP and HP filters: Simulation / Hardware.
5. Frequency response of BP and BR filters: Simulation /Hardware.
6. Generation of Periodic, Exponential, Sinusoidal, Damped Sinusoidal, Step, Impulse, Ramp signal using MATLAB in both discrete and analog form.
7. Determination of Laplace transform and Inverse Laplace transform using MATLAB.
8. Amplitude and Phase spectrum analysis of different signals using MATLAB.
9. Verification of Network theorem using SPICE