-Preparation of different types of tool geometry and to see their effect on performance.
-Analysis of different parametric combinations of machine tools on cutting efficiency.
-Selection and use of different instrument equipmentS used for analyzing the design aspects of cutting tools and machine tools.
-Study the effect of coolant used during cutting operation and its on dimensional accuracy and heat affected zone.
-Study of the kinematic structure of machine tool for designing a machine tool for required speed, feed, transmission of power etc.
-Development of skill to build confidence in manufacturing.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Measurement of cutting forces (Pz and Px or Py ) in straight turning at different feeds and velocities.
- Measurement of average cutting temperature in turning under different speed – feed combinations.
- Measurement of surface roughness in turning under different conditions.
- Study of chip formation ( type, color & thickness ) in turning mild steel and evaluation of the role of variation of cutting velocity and feed on-chip reduction coefficient /cutting ratio and shear angle.
- Measurement of a tool – wear and evaluation of tool life in turning mild steel by HSS or carbide tool.
- Geometrical and kinematic test of a center lathe or a drilling machine.
- Producing a cast iron vee – block by machining.
- Production of a straight-toothed spur gear from a cast or forged disc.