The main objective of this lab is to provide the students a chance to put theory into practice with familiarization of different electrical machines. This provides the basic circuitry knowledge for the different electrical machines along with their performance and characteristics parameter to understand their case specific operation.
1. Able to understand the circuitry of transformer and different AC-DC rotating machine.
2. Able to differentiate the circuitry connection of different electrical machines.
3. Able to perform the different test related to Different Machines as per industry need.
4. Able to recognize the operational characteristics of different machines.
Major Facility available in this lab:
1. AC and DC Distribution Box.
2. DC Motor (With Load arrangement)
a) Shunt Motor.
b) Series Motor.
c) Compound Motor.
3. DC Motor-Generator Set. (3nos)
4. Single phase Induction Motor.
a) Capacitor Start.
b) Split Phase.
5. Three phase Induction Motor with load arrangement.
a) Squirrel Cage induction Motor (3 terminal)
b) Squirrel Cage induction Motor (3 terminal)
c) Squirrel Cage induction Motor (6 terminal)
d) Slipping induction Motor and starter panel.
6. Set for Winding connection study of Three phase Induction Motor.
7. Alternator- DC motor Set. (3-set)
8. Alternator Synchronizing Panel.
9. Different Starter panel (V/F, DOL, Star-Delta).
10. Three phase and single phase Variac.
a) Single Phase. (6nos)
b) Three Phase.(3nos)
12. Load Box.
Course covered in this Lab:
1. Electric Machine Lab-I & II (EE-491, EE-591)
2. Electrical Machines Lab (ME-595A)
Experiments performed in this Lab:
1. Study of the characteristics of a separately excited DC generator.
2. Study of the characteristics of a DC motor
3. Study of methods of speed control of DC motor
4. Study of the characteristics of a compound DC generator (short shunt).
5. Measurement of speed of DC series motor as a function of load torque.
6. Study of equivalent circuit of a single phase transformer.
7. Polarity test on a single phase transformer & study of different connections of three phase transformer.
8. Study of equivalent circuit of three phase Induction motor by no load and blocked rotor test.
9. Study of performance of wound rotor Induction motor under load.
10. Study of performance of three phase squirrel- cage Induction motor –determination of iron-loss, friction & windage loss.
11. Different methods of starting of a 3 phase Cage Induction Motor & their comparison [DOL, Auto transformer & Star-Delta]
12. Speed control of 3 phase squirrel cage induction motor by different methods & their comparison [voltage control & frequency control].
13. Speed control of 3 phase slip ring Induction motor by rotor resistance control.
14. Determination of regulation of Synchronous machine by
a. Potier reactance method.
b. Synchronous Impedance method.
15. Determination of equivalent circuit parameters of a single phase Induction motor.
16. Load test on single phase Induction motor to obtain the performance characteristics.
17. To determine the direct axis resistance [Xd] & quadrature reactance [Xq] of a 3 phase synchronous machine by slip test.
18. Load test on wound rotor Induction motor to obtain the performance characteristics.
19. To make connection diagram to full pitch & fractional slot winding of 18 slot squirrel cage Induction motor for 6 poles & 4 pole operation.
20. To study the performance of Induction generator.
21. Parallel operation of 3 phase Synchronous generators.
22. V-curve of Synchronous motor